ProntoPro.it is Italy's largest local service marketplace, expanding internationally. We help millions of users to find a local service professional: we cover 600+ services, ranging from wedding photographers to plumbers to guitar teachers. Within a few years, we expect that booking a plumber or a painter online will be as effortless as buying a book.
We are looking for people who want to bring impact and help us build something huge that will challenge the way all of your friends and family look for services.
Working as a Backend Engineer
You will be part of our Technology department, currently counting 20+ people and expected to grow up to 30+ people during 2021.
You will work in a cross-functional and self-organized squad with end-to-end responsibilities and a long-term mission. Our squads are made of a Product Manager, a Designer, a Data Scientist, a QA Specialist, Backend Engineers, and Frontend Engineers. Our Software Development Life Cycle is strongly based on Agile methodologies, trunk-based development, CI/CD, and code reviews.
You will work with the following technology stack: Kubernetes, Docker, PHP 7, Symfony, Go, NodeJS, MySQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Redis, GraphQL, Drone.io.
You will pair program with talented teammates.
You will have regular performance reviews based on a transparent career growth framework and a fair performance management system.
You will have regular 121 with your manager to support your personal and professional growth.
You will have visibility over the whole business and not just on your area of competence. We run monthly all-hands meetings dedicated to business and people updates.
You will attend meetups/events and have the chance to speak about how we face and solve our challenges at ProntoPro.
- Solid knowledge of PHP, Go, and SOLID principles
- Solid knowledge of MVC/REST/software design patterns
- Good knowledge of relational DBMS (MySQL)
- Experience using Git in a workplace environment
- Good English language level, both written and verbal
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with great organizational skills
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility
- Understanding in core web and browser concepts
- Knowledge of GraphQL, Kubernetes, Docker, NodeJS
- Experience with Symfony and Doctrine ORM
- Experience with microservice environments
- Experience with non-relational DBMS (MongoDB)
- Experience with message brokers (RabbitMQ)
- Experience with classification/sorting/stemming/search algorithms
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience in a peak performance organization, preferably a tech startup
- Experience in a product company
- Experience working with a remote team
- Experience working with a global or otherwise multicultural team
- Experience contributing to open-source software
- Develop features and improvements to the ProntoPro product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way
- Work with your squad to iterate on new features within the ProntoPro product
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices
- Advocate for our internal standards through code reviews
- Consistently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members
- Help identify areas of improvements in the code base, both specific to your squad and outside your squad and help contribute to make it better
- Help improve the overall experience of our product through improving the quality of the features both in your squad and features that benefit other squads
- Fix prioritized issues from the issue tracker
- Contribute to and follow our workflow process, alongside the rest of the Engineers and the Product Engineering area as a whole
Selection process steps
If you successfully pass our CV screening process, our recruiters will organize a call with you. This first interview generally focuses on getting acquainted and figuring out if you and ProntoPro make a good fit for one another.
If you successfully pass the first contact, we will fix you a technical interview with a Tech Lead. The interview is generally a 45 minutes call and focuses on exploring your technical knowledge.
If you successfully pass the technical interview, you will be invited to complete a little coding task. This assignment is important to understand your coding level, passion, curiosity, and initiative. We will assess your work and send you back a code review.
Code review discussion
If you successfully pass the coding homework step, you will be invited to a code review discussion with a Chapter Lead. The discussion usually lasts up to 60 minutes and mainly focuses on assessing your technical skills.
If you successfully pass the code review discussion, you will be invited to a short interview with a bar raiser. A bar raiser is a skilled evaluator who already holds a job with ProntoPro and plays a crucial role in the company's hiring process. This step usually lasts 30 minutes and aims to understand if you are a good fit with ProntoPro’s principles and values.
If you successfully pass the bar-raising step, we will send you a job offer with the position’s salary, benefits, start date, and other terms and conditions of employment.
- Terraces and relax areas
- Foosball and ping-pong tables
- Coffee machines
- Fresh fruit
- Intelligent fridge with delicious food available 24/24
- Ticket restaurants
- Casual Friday every day
- Friday beer at 5 p.m.