ProntoPro.it is Italy's largest local service marketplace, expanding internationally. We help millions of users to find a local service professional: we cover 600+ services, ranging from wedding photographers to plumbers to guitar teachers. Within a few years, we expect that booking a plumber or a painter online will be as effortless as buying a book.
We are looking for people who want to bring impact and help us build something huge that will challenge the way all of your friends and family look for services.
Working as a Data Engineer
You will be part of our Technology department, currently counting 20+ people, and more specifically of the growing Data team where we expect to add 2 more team members in the next months.
You will work with the following technology stack: Go, Python, Airflow, Spark, SQL, AWS Aurora, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Git, Drone.io
You will have opportunity to pair program with talented teammates.
You will have regular performance reviews based on a transparent career growth framework and a fair performance management system.
You will have regular 121 with your manager to support your personal and professional growth.
You will have visibility over the whole business and not just on your area of competence. We run monthly all-hands meetings dedicated to business and people updates.
You will attend meetups/events and have the chance to speak about how we face and solve our challenges at ProntoPro.
- Ability to rapidly prototype an end to end solution for problems
- Ability to learn in complete autonomy how to use and take advantage of new tools
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with the AWS services (EMR, EC2, Redshift, ...)
- Experience with realtime data processing platform (Spark Structured Streaming, Kafka, Kinesis)
- Experience with orchestrators (Airflow, Luigi, ...)
- Experience with containers (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, ...)
- Experience with DevOps tools (Terraform, Ansible, ...)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, ...)
- Experience with data science libraries (Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, ...)
- Experience with deep learning libraries (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, ...)
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Maintain and develop new features of the Data Pipeline
- Develop, together with other departments, data-related projects
Selection process steps
If you successfully pass our CV screening process, our recruiters will organize a call with you. This first interview generally focuses on getting acquainted and figuring out if you and ProntoPro make a good fit for one another.
First technical interview
If you successfully pass the first contact, we will fix you a technical interview with a member of the Data team. The interview is generally a 60 minutes call and focuses on exploring your technical knowledge.
If you successfully pass the technical interview, you will be invited to complete a little coding task. This assignment is important to understand your coding level, passion, curiosity, and initiative.
Second technical interview
If you successfully pass the first tecnical interview, we will fix you a second technical interview with our Head of Infrastructure Engineering. The interview is generally a 45 minutes call and focuses on exploring your technical knowledge and ambitions.
If you successfully pass both technical interviews, you will be invited to a short interview with a bar raiser. A bar raiser is a skilled evaluator who already holds a job with ProntoPro and plays a crucial role in the company's hiring process. This step usually lasts 30 minutes and aims to understand if you are a good fit with ProntoPro’s principles and values.
If you successfully pass the bar-raising step, we will send you a job offer with the position’s salary, benefits, start date, and other terms and conditions of employment.
- Terraces and relax areas
- Foosball and ping-pong tables
- Coffee machines
- Fresh fruit
- Intelligent fridge with delicious food available 24/24
- Ticket restaurants
- Casual Friday every day
- Friday beer at 5 p.m.