ProntoPro.it is Italy's largest local service marketplace, expanding internationally. We help millions of users to find a local service professional: we cover 600+ services, ranging from wedding photographers to plumbers to guitar teachers. We expect that booking a plumber or a painter online will be as effortless as buying a book within a few years.
We are looking for people who want to bring impact and help us build something huge that will challenge the way all of your friends and family look for services.
Working as a QA Engineer
You will be part of our Technology department, currently counting 20+ people and expect to grow up to 30+ people during 2022.
You will work in a cross-functional and self-organized squad with end-to-end responsibilities and clear objectives. Our squads are made of a Product Manager, Product Designers, QA Engineers, Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers, Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Data Engineers, and Site Reliability Engineers. Our Software Development Life Cycle is strongly based on Agile methodologies, trunk-based development, CI/CD, and code reviews. We use the Shape Up method as our product development workflow.
You will work with the following technology stack: Postman, Gherkin, Cypress.io, Selenium, MySQL, RabbitMQ.
You will work in pair with talented teammates.
You will have biannual performance reviews based on a transparent career growth framework and a fair performance management system.
You will have regular 121 with your manager to support your personal and professional growth.
You will have 2 weeks dedicated to learning and training after every development iteration.
You will have visibility over the whole business and not just on your area of competence. Also, we run monthly all-hands meetings dedicated to business and people updates.
You will attend internal and community meetups/events, and have the chance to speak about how we face and solve our challenges at ProntoPro.
- You have one or more years of work experience in software quality assurance, testing, or programming
- You have working knowledge of writing and executing comprehensive test plans and test cases
- You have work experience with issue trackers, debug tools, and debug logs
- You have a working knowledge of SQL and REST
- You have work experience with agile development methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- You are a team player with good communication skills
- You have a good knowledge of written and spoken English
- You have a working knowledge of Selenium, Cypress.io, or other tools for automating tests for web, mobile, and service applications
- You are able to understand high-level programming languages
- You have work experience with Continuous Integration tools
- You have a working knowledge of GraphQL
- You have a Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related fields
- You have sharp organizational and analytical skills
- You are a fast learner with the ability to adapt to changes quickly
- Identify, track, document thoroughly, prioritize and monitor bugs
- Work closely with our development squads to identify product requirements for each feature
- Define a testing strategy and create a test plan for each feature
- Create automated and manual test cases for each feature
- Perform all the necessary manual tests for each feature
- Produce a test report for each feature
- Perform all the necessary manual regression testing before each release
- Monitor and supervise the software development lifecycle
Selection process steps
🔎 CV screening
Our Tech Recruiter makes sure you have all the required skills and experience for the role.
👋 First contact
The first call with our Tech Recruiter, generally focused on getting acquainted and figuring out if you and ProntoPro make a good fit for one another.
🔬 Technical interview
A 60 minutes technical interview with our QA Lead focused on exploring your technical knowledge.
A bar raiser is a skilled evaluator who plays a crucial role in the company’s hiring process. This step usually lasts 30 minutes and aims to understand if you are a good cultural fit with ProntoPro’s principles. Usually, the Head of Software Engineering joins this step as a silent listener to provide a second opinion about the candidate’s performance and feedback about how the interviewer conducted the interview.
🤝 Job offer
Our Tech Recruiter will share with you a summary of the selection process, together with the position’s salary, benefits, and all needed terms & conditions of employment.
- Relax area
- Foosball tables
- Coffee machines
- Fresh fruit
- Ticket restaurants
- Casual Friday every day
- Friday beer at 5 p.m.