ProntoPro.it is Italy's largest local service marketplace, expanding internationally. We help millions of users to find a local service professional: we cover 600+ services, ranging from wedding photographers to plumbers to guitar teachers. Within a few years, we expect that booking a plumber or a painter online will be as effortless as buying a book.
We are looking for people who want to bring impact and help us build something huge that will challenge the way all of your friends and family look for services.
Working as a Site Reliability Engineer
You will be part of our Technology department, currently counting 20+ people, and more specifically of the SRE team where we expect to have 3 team members in the next few months.
You will help create scalable products that will support ProntoPro hyper-growth. You will work in an environment that is highly focused on tech trends and agile development methodologies.
You will have regular performance reviews based on a transparent career growth framework and a fair performance management system.
You will have regular 121 with your manager to support your personal and professional growth.
You will have visibility over the whole business and not just on your area of competence. We run monthly all-hands meetings dedicated to business and people updates.
You will attend meetups/events and have the chance to speak about how we face and solve our challenges at ProntoPro.
- Good understanding of scripting languages such as Bash, Python or Ruby
- Experience with Linux systems
- Experience with AWS. Experience also with another Cloud provider is preferred
- Experience with container solutions such as Docker
- Basic knowledge of container orchestration technologies such as AWS ECS and Kubernetes
- Experience with building CI/CD pipelines
- Familiar with Infrastructure-as-code patterns and provisioning tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Packer
- Familiar with cloud architecture patterns and best practices for designing highly available, scalable and secure systems
- Good level of English proficiency, both spoken and written
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a sense of urgency and integrity
- Experience with OpenStack
- Experience with SQL relational databases
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of a programming language (Go / Rust / Python)
- Knowledge of networking stack and topologies
- Contribute to the architecture and infrastructure behind ProntoPro's services
- Implement architecture components and enhancements
- Manage and monitor infrastructure resources and services
- Contribute to designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines and workflows
- Implement tools to support other units of the Product Engineering area
- Help identify and solve infrastructure-related issues
Selection process steps
If you successfully pass our CV screening process, our recruiters will organize a call with you. This first interview generally focuses on getting acquainted and figuring out if you and ProntoPro make a good fit for one another.
First technical interview
If you successfully pass the first contact, we will fix you a technical interview with a member of the SRE team. The interview is generally a 60 minutes call and focuses on exploring your technical knowledge.
Second technical interview
If you successfully pass the first tecnical interview, we will fix you a second technical interview with our Head of Infrastructure Engineering. The interview is generally a 45 minutes call and focuses on exploring your technical knowledge and ambitions.
If you successfully pass both technical interviews, you will be invited to a short interview with a bar raiser. A bar raiser is a skilled evaluator who already holds a job with ProntoPro and plays a crucial role in the company's hiring process. This step usually lasts 30 minutes and aims to understand if you are a good fit with ProntoPro’s principles and values.
If you successfully pass the bar-raising step, we will send you a job offer with the position’s salary, benefits, start date, and other terms and conditions of employment.
- Terraces and relax areas
- Foosball and ping-pong tables
- Coffee machines
- Fresh fruit
- Intelligent fridge with delicious food available 24/24
- Ticket restaurants
- Casual Friday every day
- Friday beer at 5 p.m.